Pages

Wednesday 27 December 2017

SLJ - Week 2 day 3 - (Bonus activity)


Bonus Activity: Paying it Forward

In the mid-1930s, things began to change for the better in New Zealand.
More people were able to find work and receive a steady paycheck. They
were still careful, however, with their money and rarely, if ever, bought
treats or gifts for one another.

Imagine that you were able to travel back in time to visit a family in the 1930s.
What special gifts or treats would you like to bring with you? I would likely
bring blocks of Whittaker’s chocolate, bags of Jet Planes and Pineapple
Lumps, healthy food snacks, clothing, and games for the children. What about you?

For me I would also bring along clothing, food, games, and some block
of chocolate. I’d do the best I can to help those people in need. I’ll also
bring them gifts like toys, scooters, bikes, skateboard, a kite and also
 remote control cars and helicopters. Well if I could I will bring some
wine and some biscuit for the parents.


BONUS POINTS: 6

1 comment:

  1. Hi Loto,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    What great ideas! Good thinking. I'm sure they would all appreciate the clothes and food that you took for them. There weren't any remote control cars or helicopters back in the 1930s so I wonder what they would say about them! What do you think they would say?

    It's very nice of you to think about the parents as well as the kids! I'm sure they would have appreciated the wine and biscuits. I know my parents would appreciate that, so I think that the parents in the 1930s would have too!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.