Pages

Thursday 28 December 2017

SLJ - Week 2 Day 4 - (Bonus Activity)


Bonus Activity: Women at Work













Both men and women served in World War II. Many women choose
to enlist as nurses and be stationed overseas caring for wounded soldiers.
My nana was one of those nurses. She (Dorothy) spent much of World
War II working on a large Red Cross ship that was stationed off the
coast of Cairo, Egypt.   


For this activity, you are going to imagine that you are just like Dorothy
and that you are working as a nurse on a large medical ship.


One day you are walking along the deck of the ship when you hear a
loud bang. You start to run as you see smoke coming from the far end
of the ship. You run towards the room where your patients are waiting
to receive treatment from the doctor. Just as you arrive at the door to their room
you hear another loud bang and you…


Complete the story provided above. To earn full
points you must write, at least, 8-10 sentences. What happens next?

Just as you arrive at the door to their room you hear another loud bang and
you…
fell to the floor. I was so scared that I wanted to hide somewhere alone but I
wanted to help the patient in need at the same time. As I try to call the
doctors downstairs they wouldn’t pick up. So I told the doctors and the
patients to “stay where you are and whatever you do, do not get out of the room”.
So I quietly left without making any noise which would attract anyone. I ran
down the stairs as fast as I can, when out of nowhere a gun bullet hit the end of
the staircase. I was in shocked and very scared, so that's when I ran back up to the
room and look for a weapon. I was scared but this was the time I had to be
brave. I found a knife at a tray and was sure this will help. So I quietly left the
room again and went downstairs. But as soon as I turned into the corner of the
stairs there was someone coming up the stairs. I hid very low so he could not
see me and as soon as he popped up into my sight I stabbed him on the leg and
took his gun. I hit him hard on the head which knocked him out. I then ran down
trying to get to the other room. I looked throw a peep hole and saw 2 men inside
with guns pointing to their heads. I realised that I had a gun so I burst threw
the door a shot 1 man on the hips and the other on the shin. I also knocked them
out and took their guns so nothing else can happen. I asked everyone if there
ok which they were. I told them to follow me back upstairs to the room I were
in. That's when we got all together and stayed put. After about 2-3 hours
all the loud noise and gunshots were all gone. We were safe.           

BONUS POINTS: 20

1 comment:

  1. Hi Loto,

    Wow! Well done. Your story totally captivates the reader. I love how much action is going on in it. I felt like I was reading a war story or watching a war movie! You did a great job protecting all the people. I can only imagine how hard it must have been for the nurses during the war having to see and care for so many injured men whilst the war is going on around them. They are absolutely some of the heroes of our past.

    Did you have any family serving the war? And have they told you any war stories?

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.