Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

SLJ - Week 1 day 1


SLJ - Week 1 day 1


Bonus Activity: Waka Ama
To this day, the people of New Zealand still use waka. Instead of using
their waka to transport them from one place to another, they sometimes
use waka in special events and in sporting competitions such as
Waka Ama. Both boys and girls compete in Waka Ama boat races.

waka-ama-40461.jpg
Watch this short video of a Waka Ama race. On your blog tell us
whether you would like to be in a Waka Ama race one day. Why or why not?

Surely this is a fun and competitive sports, but for me I would not take
the opportunity to join the Waka Ama race. There are 2 reason for me not
to take part of this fun sport. The First reason why is because I play
different sports which does not include water. And second of all I'm
afraid of the sea. The reason why i'm afraid is because I always have a feeling
that a volcano might just come out of the water, sinkholes might appear
and you might get sucked in and dangerous animals that can seriously
cause serious problem. So it's a no for me.

BONUS POINTS: 10

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Loto!

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Waka Ama race. What other sports do you play?

    Maybe doing something fun like this could help with your fear of the ocean... I prefer lakes and rivers because I'm worried about sharks in the ocean. I still swim there but I just don't like going out too far where they are.

    Hopefully you'll be confident to swim in the ocean someday as it is beautiful :)

    Keep up the wonderful blogging!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Loto
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    Those are amazing thoughts on the waka ama race Loto keep it up. If you were in the Waka Ama race which country would you represent?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.