Pages

Friday 29 December 2017

SLJ - Week 2 day 5 - (Activity 1 to 2)

Day 5: Coming to an End

Activity 1: VE Day!
After six long years of fighting, World War II finally came to an end
in 1945. The entire country was ecstatic and parties were thrown all over
New Zealand to celebrate VE Day (Victory in Europe). Imagine that
you were living in New Zealand in 1945 and you had to plan a VE day
party at your house. Who would you invite? What would you do to celebrate?


I would obviously invite all my friends and family to come over and have
a big party. We will be playing water activities, rugby and basketball.
Also a barbecue with meat and kebabs.



Activity 2: Making a Fashion Statement
In the years following World War II, things slowly returned to normal in
New Zealand. Soldiers returned home and settled back into regular
life; and national sporting teams, like the New Zealand cricket team,
got back together and started playing matches again. In the late
1940s, men and women would go to watch these events, men wearing
hats and suits and women wearing dresses, hats, and gloves.
Compare the pictures of common clothing from the late 1940s to
what you wear now (i.e. in 2017). Are they similar or are they
quite different?


On your blog tell us which of the two styles you prefer and why.
The pictures above were taken over 65 years ago!

For me I would prefer the style right now. It's just because you can
wear anything different and wear clothes that are comfortable.
I would recommend these clothes now and days.

What do you think people will be wearing 65 years from now?

I think 65 years from now people will be wearing same kind of clothes
that we are wearing right now. I’m not sure what they will be wearing
but I know they will be wearing clothes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Loto!

    Great job with these tasks! It seems that having a big meal with family and friends with outdoor sports is a common theme throughout New Zealand - especially in summer. I guess it has become part of our Kiwi culture. So that sounds like a great way to celebrate!

    I would have to agree with you, there is much more choice and individuality in what we wear now. I enjoy the simplicity of what they wore 65 years ago, but I love fashion, so I love being able to choose my own style from what is available now.

    It's hard to think about what people might be wearing 65 years from now, just as they probably wouldn't have guessed then what we would wear now! I'm thinking it will change quite a bit by then as it has in the past, but I have no idea what it will look like!

    What clothing item do you think might be the same in 65 years?

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.