Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

SLJ Week 1 Day 4

Day 4: Hitting a High Note…


Activity 1: The Waiata - A Song in Your Heart
In the past, Māori would often use song as a way of sharing information
or communicating emotions. A waiata is the name given to a traditional
Māori song. One of my all-time favourite waiata is Kia Paimarie. What
about you?


Use Google to research traditional Māori Waiata. Listen to a number
of Waiata and read the lyrics. On your blog tell us which one of the
waiata you found you like the most. Why do you like it?

The best waiata for me that I picked throughout watching some videos of
waiata, is Purea Nei Which is a lovely song. It’s a song how you have
to repeat someone when they say the first line of that music, like this one Here.

2 comments:

  1. Aloha Loto
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    Well done on this task you did really well. Why did you pick that song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Loto,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    What a great waiata! I hadn't heard it before so really enjoyed listening to it. What makes you think it is such a lovely song?

    I wonder what the words mean in English. I can pick up a word here and there but it would be great if you could tell us what the song is trying to say.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.