Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey - Activity 1 - Day 1

Winter Learning Journey

Activity 1: Go to the Tourism New Zealand website and click on the ‘Facts - New Zealand People’ tab. Read about the people of New Zealand and then choose three interesting facts to post on your blog. The facts must be written in
your own words.

1 interesting fact I found, was about… a guy by the name AJ Hackett, invented bungee jumping. Bungee jumping is a fun event to be in. What you do is, you get strapped up (on your legs), Taking place somewhere far up high and jump! Don’t forget there has to be water at the bottom.

Image result for bungy jump

(2) Next interesting fact is… most of the things that you use were made at a backyard. Probably that's were they invented bungee jumping?

Image result for backyard cartoon

(3) Last  interesting fact is… For many kiwis around the world farming is a way of life.
Image result for farming

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Loto and welcome to the Winter Learning Journey blogging programme! We are SO happy that you have joined us this year.

    We are also really impressed by the facts that you have selected and by the images that you have added to your blog that illustrate the facts. The final fact, regarding farming, really reminds me of my friend Kate. Kate and I met in England but she is actually from New Zealand. She and her husband own and run a farm in the Manawatu area (about 6 hours from here by car). They have to wake up very early every morning in order to tend to their sheep and their cows. It's a pretty physical job but they seem to love it.

    Do you think that you'd enjoy being a farmer? Do you love being in the out-of-doors? I don't think that I would be a great farmer because I get cold easily and I would find the winter mornings pretty tough...

    I hope that you'll continue to learn more about NZ and share your learning on your blog. We can't wait to see what you post next!

    Cheers,

    Rachel, Nicky, Jacinta and Willy (the Winter Learning Journey blogging team)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Loto,

    I really like the information you have used in your blogs. I also like the images. They are nice and bold with the borders. Would you ever go bungy jumping? It looks like a really scary experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Loto
    My name is Daniel and I am from Panmure Bridge school. Your facts are very interesting, especially the bungee jumping one. I have never been bungee jumping, have you? Keep up the amazing work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.