Pages

Sunday 23 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey - Activity 1 - Day 6

Activity 1 - Day 6

Activity 1: Let’s imagine that you were on the first waka to arrive at Shag Point. You had never been to New Zealand before and you had no idea what to expect. Write a poem describing how you would have felt when you arrived in New Zealand. Would you have been excited or scared? I would have felt pretty nervous, I reckon…

WOAH, WOW This is a great island,
I was standing on the sand, feeling all frighten,
I was excited, and scared at the same time
If you don’t really know, this poem is a rhyme
I saw lots of people climbing on the mountain
Everyone was thirsty, because there was no water fountain.
not that good!!

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Waka picture.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Loto,

    What a great poem! You managed to find a word that rhymes with mountain. I'm impressed!

    I must admit that I have thought a lot about our first settlers over the past two weeks. I think that they were very brave to undertake such a huge move and to start a brand new life in a brand new country. If you had the chance to do the same thing, to get into a boat and sail to a new place, would you do it?

    I'd love to know what you think! I hope that you'll have time to post a response sometime soon.

    Cheers :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.