Pages

Thursday 13 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey - activity 1 - Day 2

Activity 1
After a very busy day of sightseeing you and your group drive from Tane Mahuta to your hotel in Dargaville. When you arrive you decide to sit down and record your thoughts in your travel diary. Before you start writing, take a minute to read more about Rangitoto island, Karekare beach and Tane Mahuta.  On your blog, tell us which of the three places you most enjoyed visiting and why.
 
  1. I enjoyed visiting rangitoto island, because you get to experience how it feels like to explore an island. Also I would not wanna live on rangitoto island just taking long walks.
Image result for rangitoto island walk
2.  Also I enjoyed visiting karekare beach where you can relax and have a nice swim. I really enjoyed going to the beach to see other people having fun.
Image result for karekare beach
3.  Rangitoto island summit walk is really great because it is also an exercise which       is very good for your body. Also when I get very high on top of the mountain I have a great view of the auckland city.

Image result for the view of auckland city from rangitoto

3 comments:

  1. Hi Loto Tane Mahuta is quite an experience. The tree is huge and over 2000 years old. Can you imagine the history of New Zealand which has happened while this tree has been there? Do you think some moa used to roam around it? If trees could talk what would Tane Mahuta say about what he has seen in his lifetime. Ok I think Mrs Tofa has been watching too many movies with her nephews and is starting to think trees can talk :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Loto,

    I really enjoyed reading your summary about your visit to Rangitoto Island, Karekare beach and Tane Mahuta. I love the way you added images to show your readers what these places look like. I would love to read your response following Mrs Tofas comment. I have always wondered what it would be like if trees could talk :)

    Goodluck with the rest of your Journey through New Zealand.

    Best wishes,

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Loto
    Good job on this winter learning journey activity. I love all of your reasons on why you would like to go to the places. Keep up the excellent work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.