Pages

Wednesday 10 January 2018

SLJ - Week 4 day 3 - (1,2 and Bonus Activity)

Day 3: Social Systems

Activity 1: Mixed-Member Proportional (MMP)
In 1996, New Zealand adopted the MMP voting system.
In September of 2017 we had a national election. Everyone
in New Zealand, over the age of 18, was invited to vote for
who they wanted to form the next government in New
Zealand. The race was really close and in the end, three
different political parties (Labour, New Zealand First and
the Green Party), came together to form the new government.
It is called a ‘coalition government’ because it includes different
people from different political parties.

Imagine that you had to form a coalition government with two
other people.  Who would you choose to partner with?

I would form a coalition with my son, Aronui, and with my
friend, Amber. Aronui would be a great addition to the coalition
because he is funny and kind. He would make us laugh and take
care of us. Amber would be great because she is really smart and
thoughtful. She is also good at making decisions. I think that we
would form a great team. What about you? Who would you choose?
Why?

I would form a coalition with my friend Danny, and my young
brother Mason. Danny is smart, gives a helping hand and makes
good decision. He also will keep track on things that we forget.
Mason is a good and confident speaker. He will get things done
very quickly. He also is very smart at maths and reading. Together
we can improve to get better. This is a my coalition team.

Image result for coalition team

Activity 2: Migration
Over the past few decades, there has been a huge rise in
the number of people coming to New Zealand to live
and/or travel. I was one of those people! In fact, I moved
with my family to New Zealand in 2010 and I am so glad
that I did. It’s a pretty amazing place to call home! At the
moment I live about 10 minutes from three stunning beaches
and a beautiful national park.

Speaking of home, where do you live? On your blog, please
post a picture of your hometown and provide a list of three
things that tourists, like us, could do if we came to visit. What
do you like most about your hometown? (Remember the guidelines
for being Cybersmart, and never post your address online).

Hometown  - GI (Glen Innes) / Auckland

1.  Te Oro - I live somewhere close to G.I. At G.I there
are shops, library, supermarkets (Pak N Save, countdown)
and also playground. There is a place where tourist can visit
and that is Te Oro. Te Oro is a place where you can build up
your courage at dancing, singing and more. Te Oro Will be great
for tourist for they can see and watch kids having good fun.

2.  Museum - The museum is a very awesome place for tourist
to visits. At the museum there are amazing work of art, things
from the old days, rare things from around the world and
also new fashion equipments.  Tourist will love the museum.

3.  GI Centre -  GI Centre is a amazing place to walk around
and see different places. Tourist can see all the stores and
might even take a look inside. GI is where I live.

Image result for te oro

Image result for auckland museumMuseum in the morning
Image result for auckland museumMuseum at night
Image result for GI auckland centre

Bonus Activity: Modern Learning Environments
Over the past few years, a number of schools have changed
the way that they teach. Instead of one teacher working in
one classroom with one group of students, some schools have
built huge classrooms where many teachers work together
to teach a big group of students. This is called a ‘Modern
Learning Environment’ (MLE).
IMG_0725.JPG

Some people prefer Modern Learning Environments
while others aren’t so sure. Take a look at the pictures
above. The one on the left is a photograph of a traditional
classroom, and the picture on the right is of a Modern
Learning Environment.



Imagine that you are a teacher, and design your own
classroom. What would it look like? What furniture
would you have? I would love to have some beanbags for
reading on.

Draw a floorplan of your classroom (either in Google Draw or on paper)
and upload it to your blog. Describe what is special about your
classroom and why you designed it this way.

I’ve drawn a classroom with pink carpet and bright coloured
tables. I also included a kitchen so that we can do cooking
every day and a HUGE bookshelf because I love to read!
What would you like to see in your classroom?


This is what I would want my classroom to look like. I added
beanbags, tables to learn on, computers, Bookshelf, 2 class
doors, A place to hook your bag, the mat area, whiteboard,
teachers desk and also green carpet.


BONUS POINTS: 18

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Loto,!

    Wow! Your Classroom seems very cool,especially the bright colors you have added.

    For your coalition team,I was very surprised that you chose Danny and Mason as your partners.I think you all make a very good team! Well,Keep it up Loto.Hope your having a good holiday.
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Loto!

    I like how much effort you have put into these activities, well done! Your MMP coalition sounds like a great team. I like the reasons you've given for having Danny and Mason on your team - there's a great mix of talents and personalities in there. What's things do you have to offer the team? I think you'd be a good debater because you always have good reasons as to why you have said something.

    It's fantastic that you get to grow up in Auckland because there are so many cool things to do and see. I live in Auckland now, but I grew up in the Kapiti Coast which is at the bottom of the North Island. I liked growing up there, because we found lots of cool swimming spots and there are also cool walks you can do, like the Escarpment Track in Paekakariki. I think I prefer Auckland, though!

    Your classroom looks pretty good! Is this similar to your classroom from last year or a little different? I am a teacher and my dream classroom would have a cool outdoor verandah area that the kids could use as a learning space.

    Well done, Loto!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.