Pages

Thursday 4 January 2018

SLJ - Week 3 day 4 - (1,2 and Bonus Activity)



Day 4: Perms and Lycra (The 1980’s)

Activity 1: Hairy Maclary
One of the most famous children’s stories to ever come out
of New Zealand, Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy,
was written by a kiwi woman named Lynley Dodd. The
book was originally published in 1983. It is now sold in dozens
of countries around the world. It features a small dog named Hairy.

On your blog, use the following sentence starter from the
original book to finish the story.

To earn full points, your story should have, at least,
8-10 sentences.

“Out of the gate and off for a walk went Hairy Maclary
from Donaldson’s Dairy…”

“Out of the gate and off for a walk went Hairy Maclary from
Donaldson’s Dairy…” He left for a walk around the block
until he stumble upon a sock. He put it on his head which
he could not see walking around along the street. He took it
off and ended up somewhere else seeing more than a dozen
dogs. As he walks away quickly he’s start to run, but dogs
behind him were sniffing his bum. “What are you doing” said Hairy
Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy. “Were getting to know each other”
said Hercules Morse who is big as a horse. “Well can you help me.
I’m trying to get back to my hometown. I’ve put a sock on my head
which lead me here. I regret putting on that sock. Don’t worry
I know every place here in town, follow me.” As Hairy Maclary
was following Hercules Morse Hairy Maclary realised they were
at the place were Hairy Maclary got the sock from. He ran
around the block and got back home safe. “Thank you Hercules
Morse for helping me”. “No worry. If you want to go any place
else just call my name very loud. I have good sense of hearing”.
So your like a GPS said Hairy Maclary laughing. Finally Hairy
Maclary was back to Donaldson’s Dairy.



Activity 2: The Big ‘OE’

In the 1980s it became increasingly common for students to
graduate from high school and take a year off to travel and
experience the world. This year was often referred to as the
‘Big OE’ or ‘Big Overseas Experience.’ A number of kiwis
headed to places like Australia and England to live and work
before returning to New Zealand to finish their studies.

london.jpg
sydney.jpg








Imagine that you are a student in the 1980s and you’re
about to graduate from high school. Where would you
like to go on your big OE? On your blog tell us which
country you would visit and give us three (3) reasons for
your choice. Find some pictures on the internet of things that
you would like to see and do in this country.

I’d Love to go to Italy: Three reason why I want to go Italy is because:
Reason 1: I want to go Italy because, I want to Learn more of the tower of pisa.
Image result for italy tower of pisa history
Reason 2: Because Everyday you have to travel by water and also the view is awesome.
Image result for Italy
Reason 3: Last but not least I want to go to eat Pizza.
Image result for italy pizza

I’d love to go to Switzerland and spend lots of time in the
mountains, learning how to ski!







Bonus Activity: The 4 O’Clock News
jacinda.jpg
In 1982, Te Karere, a Māori-language news show premiered
on television. It has continued to stream live on TV to this
day. If you would like to watch it, turn on TV One at 3:55 p.m.
each weekday and you will see it. The show is often hosted by
a man named Scotty Morrison.

Imagine that you were Scotty Morrison and you were able to
interview anyone you wanted. I would choose to interview our
new prime minister, Jacinda Ardern. I’d love to know what it
is like to be the Prime Minister.  What about you? Who would
you choose to interview and why? What would you like to find out?

I would like to Interview Kieran Read, All Blacks Captain.

Question I would ask him: How does it feel being the All Blacks Captain?
                                            How long do you think until your going to retire?
                                            What culture are you?


BONUS POINTS: 10



3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Loto,

    Well done completing this activity!

    Your story was very very creative. Not only was it creative it was very very funny. I really enjoyed it. I liked how sometimes you used rhyming words and I liked how nice and simple your story was.

    Italy! I can see why you have chosen this country. It is very beautiful and they have very delicious pizza. Italy is beautiful, but if you weren't a loud to go to Italy where else would you go on your big OE trip.

    Kieren Read is a great choice! What great questions you have there! Keep up the great work!

    Telesia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Loto,

    Well done on completing this activity!

    I also would like to go to Italy as it is such an amazing country to visit.And Yes,They do have delicious Pizza!

    Your questions that your going to ask are really cool.Well,Keep up the hard work!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Loto!

    I really enjoyed reading this post! Your story about Hairy Maclary is really entertaining. I love the idea of having a sock getting stuck on his head and trying to find his way home - I thought that was funny. Great that it rhymes, too! What inspired your story writing?

    I love how you added pictures for every reason you want to go to Italy - those are great reasons! Travelling by water would totally make getting everywhere much more fun. What's your favourite flavour of pizza, or the one you want to try most in Italy?

    Those are great questions to ask Kieran Reid. I'd love to know what it was like to be the captain of the All Blacks, probably really hard, but so rewarding! What do you think?

    Fantastic work, Loto!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.